Home Delivery Service
Through the library’s Home Delivery Service, library materials are selected with the help of our staff and trained volunteers. Library materials are then delivered free of charge to the patron’s home. Deliveries are scheduled on a monthly basis.
Who is Eligible?
Patrons who reside in the Wayne County Public Library service area (this excludes the Orrville School District) and who are unable to use the library’s buildings or bookmobiles due to temporary or long-term illness or injury, disability or limited mobility or senior citizens without transportation.
Contact the Assistant Manager of Circulation at 330.804.4662. You will need to fill out a short application that includes information about your reading/listening/viewing interests. You will then be assigned a volunteer. Service is contingent on the number of volunteers available.
Home Delivery Service Guidelines
- Persons using the Home Delivery Service must be qualified for this service. “Qualified” persons include: Patrons who reside in the Wayne County Public Library service area (this excludes Orrville School District) and who are unable to use the library’s buildings or bookmobiles due to temporary or long-term illness or injury, disability or limited mobility, or senior citizens without transportation.
- Staff may retain lists of materials that have been sent in order to avoid repetition. These lists are confidential and are only used for making appropriate selections.
- Overdue fines will not be charged on materials obtained through Home Delivery Service. Replacement charges will apply for lost or damaged materials.
- Deliveries are scheduled on a regular, monthly basis. These times are scheduled in advance. If patrons receiving home delivery display a pattern of not being present for their scheduled delivery times, home delivery may be canceled.
- Home Delivery Service is contingent on the number of staff and volunteers available.
- In order to ensure the safety of our staff and volunteers, we ask the following of our Home Delivery Service patrons:
- While our staff or volunteers are visiting, you and your family must refrain from smoking and pets should be restrained.
- Walks and drives must be kept clear from ice and snow accumulation.
- Materials, including delivery crates and bags, should be kept clean.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the library’s Home Delivery Service contact the Assistant Manager of Circulation at 330.804.4662.