All Wayne County Public Library locations offer meeting rooms for public use at no charge to non-profit groups. Branch Meeting Rooms have wall-mounted TVs with computer hookups, as well as as access to a DVD/VCR player. (DVD/VHS hookups are available in the Wooster Main Library Meeting Rooms but the equipment is not provided.)
The Wooster Main Library also offers larger Conference Rooms to the public. These rooms feature a HD Projector, DVD Player, as well as a wireless microphone.
Computers or laptops cannot be provided for presentations. Please be prepared to bring your own equipment. Computers will require a VGA output, or adapters to VGA, to be used with library TVs or projectors, and a standard headphone jack for audio where available. Please call your library branch for specific details.
Please read the following policy and click the link at the bottom of the page to continue.
Meeting Room Policy (Approved April 18, 2016)
The primary purpose of the Library’s meeting rooms is to provide a space for library and library-related activities. The needs of the Library and the Friends of the Library will take precedence. The Library reserves the right to cancel or reschedule any meeting.
Library meeting rooms are available free of charge for the following groups/individuals:
- Educational, cultural, civic, social, political, religious, professional or other non-profit organizations
- Persons volunteering as tutors as part of a non-profit program
- Local businesses for training purposes
- As a polling location
Meeting rooms are not available to non-library groups or individuals for:
- Promotion or sales of services or products
- Conducting classes for profit
- Private social functions
- Any event organized by a campaign committee or group designed specifically to promote or oppose a candidate or ballot issue. Meetings at which candidates will discuss current election issues are permitted provided the event is hosted by a non-partisan, non-profit organization (e.g. League of Women Voters) and all candidates for the same office have been invited. (Meetings held by a campaign committee or political party/group to plan a campaign or political activity are permissible. Also permissible are meetings held by elected officials to gather input or communicate with his/her constituents. )
Meetings shall be open to the public. No admission or attendance charge or required donation may be assessed by any non-library group using a meeting room.
The library may permit presenters at library-sponsored programs to sell merchandise related to the subject or activity of their programs. Likewise, a library-sponsored program may have a registration charge to defray or reduce the cost of the program to the library.
Specific procedures and rules related to the use of meeting rooms vary from location to location. These include but are not limited to how far in advance and how frequently a meeting room may be reserved.
The director or his or her designee must approve all reservations.
The library makes no endorsement, express or implied, of any non-library event or activity held in the meeting room. Publicity of such events must include a disclaimer to this effect.
The board and the library staff do not assume any liability for groups or individuals attending any meeting or program in the library.
Meeting room use may be denied to anyone falsifying a meeting room application or failing to comply with this policy.
Use of library lawn and grounds is limited to events sponsored or co-sponsored by the library or the Friends of the Library.
If you agree with our Meeting Room Policy, then click here to continue to the Room Request Form.
Room Reservations may also be made by phone or in person at any WCPL branch location.
Share This Page