Borrow the Internet from Your Library
Need Internet access while you’re on the go? Check out a hotspot!
Hotspots can be used anywhere to create a wireless network. You can connect any Wi-Fi enabled mobile device, laptop, printer, digital camera or gaming device.
Hotspots are easy to use: turn one on and connect your device to the Wi-Fi network using the password displayed on the hotspot’s screen. A strong cellular signal is needed; if you’re in a location where you’re unable to get cellphone service, the hotspot device will not work either.
Hotspots, which can be checked out just like other library materials, have a seven day (7) lending period and cannot be renewed.
The Wayne County Public Library Hotspot Lending Program is made possible by generous community donations.
Wi-Fi Hotspot Guidelines
- Patrons must have a valid WCPL or Orrville Public Library full access adult card only.
- Patrons must be 18 years and older.
- Hotspots can be checked out for 7 days.
- Hotspots are not eligible for renewal.
- All components (mobile hotspot, case, micro-USB cable and wall charger) must be present upon return for the library to consider the item checked in.
- Hotspots must be returned to a staff member at the Circulation Desk.
- All borrowers must sign a hotspot agreement each time they check out a device.
** Please do not return the device in the outdoor book drops. Service on devices kept after the due date will be suspended.
- Loan Period: 7 days
- Fine per day: $5.00 per day
- Max fine: $25.00
- Book drop fine: $25.00
Frequented Asked Questions
How do I reserve a hotspot?
Hotspots can be reserved by calling any WCPL location. For further information call 330-262-0916.
Who can reserve a hotspot?
Valid WCPL or Orrville Public Library full access cardholders who are 18 years old or older and whose cards are in good standing.
Where do I pick up the hotspot?
The hotspot may picked up at the location you designated when placing the hold.
Where do I return the hotspot?
You must return the hotspot with all the original packaging and accessories to the Circulation Desk of the same WCPL location from which you picked it up during their open hours. Please fully charge the battery before you return the device.
How do I use the WCPL hotspot to access free Wi-Fi?
NOTE TO PARENTS/GUARDIANS: Internet content filtering is NOT provided through the WCPL wireless hotspot. Parents/Guardians are responsible for monitoring what their children access via the WCPL hotspot.
NOTE: The wireless network name (SSID) and password can be found on the inside of the hotspot case.
To connect your device to the hotspot’s Wi-Fi network, follow these steps:
- Turn on the mobile hotspot by pressing and holding the power button for 2 seconds (button is located on the top of the device).
- On your computer or other Wi-Fi enabled device, search for available Wi-Fi networks and select the Network Name (SSID) “wcplhotspot”.
- Enter the network password found inside the hotspot case.
- When the hotspot battery is low, plug the charger into an electrical outlet.
- When finished, turn the hotspot off and return to the WCPL location you borrowed it from.
* If you are unsure how to choose a wireless network, consult your device’s instruction manual or stop at the Circulation Desk/Adult Service’s Desk for assistance.
** The mobile hotspot must be kept in a temperature controlled environment (e.g don’t leave unattended in a hot vehicle).
The Verizon Jetpack 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot – AC791L user guide may be found here .
Share This Page