Friends of the Library
Support your public library – become a Friend!
Who Are We?
We’re people who love the library! The Friends of the Wayne County Public Library is a non-profit organization founded by local volunteers and dedicated to promoting the services our library provides to the community. The Wayne County Public Library has several Friends groups in communities in Wayne County. For more information on a specific Friends group, please contact a library location nearest you.
What Do We Do?
The Friends provide a public voice in the community for library needs and represent the interests of library users to elected officials. They support the library during election times.
Fund Raising Events & Sponsorship
The Friends hold special fund raising events staffed by its own members to generate money for the library. They also sponsor special library programs or purchases through funding.
Helping and Volunteering
The Friends help the library and its community by lending a helping hand, such as staffing a special library event, planting flowers to improve the look of the library, or assisting library staff with special projects throughout the year.
The Friends plan get-togethers where members can share ideas and good times.
We welcome active members and sustaining members from the Creston area and beyond.
Annual dues are: $2.00 for Students/Seniors, $5 for Individual, $10 for Family, $25 for Patron, $50 for Benefactor
Creston Friends of the Library meet the 2nd Monday of the month at 1:00pm at the Creston Branch.
Creston Friends Executive Board
- Kate Slater, President
- Jeanne Weahry, Vice President
- Cathy Coffey, Secretary
- Alice Murray, Treasurer
- Book Sales
- Provide assistance and snacks for library programs
- Purchased large swan sit-on toy in the children’s area
- Donated funds to have donors plaque refurbished.
- A cookie exchange in December and a dinner out with spouses invited
- Senior Fun Fest booth
- Selling Seven Sisters and Cat’s Meow replicas of the library
- Selling 2 year day planners
- Book sales
If you are interested in becoming a Dalton Library friend, please contact Teresa Jager at 330-828-8486 or email.
Dalton Friends Executive Board
- Kathy Mast, President
- Melody Snure, Vice President
- Becky Oyer, Secretary
- Sandra Wenger, Treasurer
- Amazon book sales as a fundraiser
- Provide assistance and snacks for library programs
- Purchased and planted flowers at the Dalton Library – done yearly
- Participate in the Dalton Holiday Festival Open House – done yearly
- Buehler’s Lunch Stand Fundraisers
- Orrville / Dalton YMCA Healthy Kids Day – 2008
- Purchased refrigerator/freezer for branch – 2009
- Sponsored two library programs – 2009
- Smith Dairy Cash Cow Fundraiser – 2011
- Purchased microwave for branch – 2012
The Dalton Friends of the Library meet bi-monthy. (Jan, March, May, July, Sept, Nov.)
We welcome active members and sustaining members from the Doylestown area and beyond.
Annual dues are $5 per member and are collected in the fall. New members are welcomed at any time
Doylestown Friends Executive Board
- Bonnie Easterling, President
- Sarah McCall, Secretary
- Donna Eckert, Treasurer
- Supporting library events by supplying refreshments and help
- Operate a fund raising booth at the annual Rogues Hollow festival
- Selling hot dogs at Beuhler’s in Orrville
- Conducting used book sales
- Buying posters and children’s program supplies
- Sponsoring adult programs such as scrapbooking, a coffee tasting, and growing and using herbs
- Purchasing of a lamp post for the Doylestown Streetscape
- Organizing, making, and sorting ornaments for the troops, in conjuction with Galehouse Tree Farms “Operation Evergreen.”
The Doylestown Friends of the Library meet on the 4th Thursday of each month at 6:30pm.
We welcome active members and sustaining members from the Rittman area and beyond.
Annual dues are $10 per member. Our Executive Board meets bi-monthly to coordinate current projects and plan for future needs.
Rittman Friends Executive Board
- Sheila Stoll, President
- Sandy Gasser, Vice President
- Barb Silchuk, Secretary
- Barb Silchuk, Treasurer
- Sponsor used book sales each year
- Support library events by supplying refreshments & some prizes
- Coordinate fund raising projects
- Paid for picnic table and trash receptacle outside of library
- Purchased window treatments for library rfurnishing
- Paid for wallpaper in restroom
- Purchased a Don Drumm Sun Sculpture in memory of Mary Jane Frey, past Rittman Branch Manager
- Purchased water cooler
- Purchased shelf and pamphlet display items
- Contributed to levy campaign
- Contributed to library booth at the Wayne County Fair
We meet the second Thursday of every month at 7:00PM and welcome active and sustaining members from the Shreve area and beyond.
Our Executive Board meets bi-monthly to coordinate current projects and plan for future needs.
Shreve Friends Executive Board
- Donna Sargeant, President
- Corinne Rickabaugh, Vice President
- Amy Cottrell, Secretary
- Will Foote, Treasurer
- Used book sales twice a year
- Sell “Cat’s Meow” figures of the Shreve Library
- Games & face painting at Shreve Homecoming
- Sell Smith’s Cash Cow coupon books
- Support Young Adult book discussion by supplying refreshments
- Keep supplies (paper plates, cups, napkins, and silverware) in the meeting room
- Supply popcorn and punch for movies
- Paid for sidewalk outside of library
- Paid for the steps and railing entering the library
- Replaced floor mat in library entryway and in front of the circulation desk
- Paid for plants and landscaping
West Salem Friends
We welcome active members and sustaining members from the West Salem area and beyond.
Annual dues are $5 per member
West Salem Friends Executive Board
- Juanita Adamson, President
- Kathleen Howman, Vice President
- Sheri Titcombe, Treasurer
- Kay Kelling-Ovren, Secretary
- Amazon Book Sales
- Books Sales
- Perennial Exchange
- Fireman’s Festival – supporting Branch Manager with programs & crafts for the community
- Sign for the Library
- Participating & supporting projects in the Schoolhouse Community building
The West Salem Friends of the Library meetings are bi-monthly and open to the public. Meetings are at 7:30 PM on the first Monday of every other month. The community is encouraged to attend and support the library.
We welcome active members and sustaining members from the Wooster area and beyond.
Annual dues are $10 per member. Our Executive Board meets monthly to coordinate current projects and plan for future needs.
If you are interested in becoming a Wooster Library friend, please contact us .
Wooster Friends Executive Board
- Tom Teckman, President
- Pat Miles, Immediate Past President
- Vicki Bailey, Secretary
- Kathy Kapp, Corresponding Secretary
- Betty Wilkin, Treasurer
- Mary Rupp, Volunteers Chair
- David Wilkin, Publicity Chair
- Lynn Busse & Janet Miller, Program Co-Chairs
- Bev Crafton, Merchandise Chair
- Jackie Kiefer & Nancy Martinez, Membership Chairs
- Barb Dilyard, Member-at-Large
- Mary Ann Post, Member-at-Large
- WCPL Director, Ex-officio
- WCPL Volunteer Coordinator, Ex-officio
- Sponsor quality educational exhibits and programs
- Sponsor and assist at special events open to the public
- Organize Book Sales to keep library collections updated and to raise funds
- Fund library programs and purchases
- Recognize and celebrate staff during National Library Week
- Advocate in the community for library needs
- Hold fundraising events staffed by Friends volunteers to generate money for the library
- Enhance the facility with plants or seasonal/event displays
- Plan occasions for members to share ideas and good times
Share This Page