WCPL is re-opening Monday, July 6th for “Grab and Go” service!
Welcome Back! We are so glad to see you!
What are your hours?
Due to funding and staffing cuts, and to make sure we can allow for good social distancing and adequate time to quarantine and clean, we’re re-opening with temporary, abbreviated hours:
Wooster, Main Library
Monday, Wednesday and Saturday 10 AM to 2 PM
Tuesday and Thursday 2 PM to 6 PM
10 AM to 11 AM on Monday and Wednesday are reserved for service to our seniors and vulnerable population.
Creston, Dalton, Doylestown, Rittman and Shreve Branches
Monday, Tuesday and Friday 9 AM to 1 PM
Thursday 2 PM to 6 PM
Wednesday and Saturday Closed
West Salem Branch
Tuesday 10 AM to 1 PM
Thursday 2 PM to 6 PM
Friday 9 AM to 1 PM
and Saturday Closed
Bookmobiles are operating on a reduced service schedule. Please check here for the bookmobile schedule or call 330. 804.4671 for more information.
Are the Book Drops Open?
· Outside book drops at all locations are open all day, every day. Inside book drops are closed, except for the interior book drop at the Wooster Branch in between the parking lot entrance doors.
· Remember – All returned materials are being quarantined for at least 3 business days, which means that they will remain on your library account for some time after you have returned the items. We are a fine-free library so there will be no late fees.
What library services are available?
· Please come for short visits to choose Books, CDs, DVDs and Magazines to take home and enjoy. “Grab and Go!”
· Public computers are available by appointment. There are time limits on computer use per day with very limited computer help available. Face coverings are required for anyone using a public computer. (Free masks can be provided while supplies last.) Please call your local library to make an appointment for computer use.
· Copiers are available.
· The ability to place holds on items outside of Wayne County (through CLEVNET) will start on July 6th. To help us better serve you, please check your account and cancel any holds for materials you no longer want.
What’s not available right now?
· In order to keep our community safe and following the guidelines of the Ohio Department of Health, we are not able to accommodate any socializing, congregating or “hanging out” at the library.
o Seating is very limited.
o There are no in-person Library programs or events, and no meeting room use.
o We are not accepting any book donations and there are no Friends of the Library book sales at this time.
o The Genealogy Department at the Wooster Branch and the Creston Historical Society Collection at the Creston Branch are not available for patrons. Staff are available to answer reference questions remotely.
o Not all public restrooms will be open and drinking fountains have been shut off.
o There are no toys, games, children’s play areas or children’s computers. Children ages 12 and under must be with an adult at all times.
What if I’d rather not come into a Library building yet?
· Curbside pickup is available at all our locations. Check here for more information or call your local library branch for details.
What are we doing to help keep our community safe?
· Patrons and staff are requested not to come in if they are ill.
· Masks are now required in all Wayne County Public Library facilities for everyone over the age of three. For those that are unable to wear masks, please contact your local branch to arrange for curbside or drive-up services. We will provide free masks (while supplies last.) Staff are also wearing masks to keep our patrons safe.
· We are allowing limited numbers of people into our buildings for social distancing. You may be asked to wait to enter.
· We’re continuing to quarantine all library materials.
· There are Plexiglas barriers at all public service desks and self-service check-out is available at most locations.
· Social distancing guidelines are in place in all buildings. We ask that you respect these guidelines.We are cleaning and sanitizing our public areas frequently.